Minecraft is a Sandbox building/survival themed voxel game that allows the player to explore, interact with, and modify a dynamically-generated map. The environment features plants, mobs and items. Players can mine for ore, fight hostile mobs and craft blocks and tools by gathering various resources found within the game. The game’s open-ended model allows players to create structures, creations and artwork on various multiplayer servers or their own single player maps. Other features include redstone circuits for logic computations and remote actions, breeding and raising animals, minecarts and tracks, and a mysterious underworld called the Nether.
- The Only Limit is Your Imagination Build and recreate whatever you want.
- Various Creatures In the world of Minecraft there’s a large amount of hostile, neutral, and passive creatures you can interact with.
- Several Biomes to Explore As adventurers you’ll come across forests, deserts, swamp lands, jungles, taiga and more.
The creative and building aspects of Minecraft allow players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world. Other activities in the game include exploration, gathering resources, crafting, and combat. Gameplay in its commercial release has two principal modes: survival, which requires players to acquire resources and maintain their health and hunger; and creative, where players have an unlimited supply of resources, the ability to fly, and no health or hunger. A third gameplay mode named hardcore is the same as survival, differing only in difficulty; it is set to the most difficult setting and respawning is disabled, forcing players to delete their worlds upon death.
Release DateMay 17, 2009
- CPU:CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
- RAM:2 GB
- HDD:HDD: At least 200MB for Game Core and Other Files
- Video:GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1 or GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
Microsoft Buys Minecraft – Founders Leave Company
Mojang is bought by Microsoft!
E3: Playstation Press Conference for the MMO Player
A look at the Playstation press conference from E3 2014 from the MMO player's point of view including everything from Destiny to Youtube.
Minecraft V for Vendetta Recreation
Brook Morrison recreates the ending to V for Vendetta in celebration of November 5th.
MMOGames Livestream Weekly: BAMFXO
Keep up to date with BAMFXO's latest streams!
Minecraft: Feed The Beast – Week #1 (The Adventure Begins)
Join Daniel and Erika on a new Minecraft adventure with the Feed the Beast mod pack!
Minecraft: The Unsuspected Sandbox MMORPG
An online world where you can build, create, fight, and rule.