We’ve just received some amazing news from Dean Hall, Lead Developer of the Arma II Mod DayZ. The rumors that have been going on in the DayZ community for the past month have finally been confirmed: Dean “Rocket” Hall announced yesterday through tumblr that Bohemia Interactive will indeed be releasing a standalone version of this enormously popular game, with Rocket himself the role of Project Lead – complete with its own site and community (www.dayzgame.com).
Though many details have not yet been released, the following facts have been confirmed:
- The game will get an Alpha build release for a low price
- Current DayZ developer Rocket will lead the project
- DayZ standalone will follow a pricing and development model similar to that of Minecraft
- DayZ mod will keep getting support alongside the game
- The details on the engine will be announced in the following weeks
As we’ve spent every waking moment of the last few weeks playing DayZ, we’re stoked with the news and will be looking forward to the release. We’ll keep you up to date as soon as additional details are announced.
In other DayZ news… Dogs are confirmed!