On June 7, 2017, there will be new zones, ancestral skills, system overhauls, and open world battlegrounds added to ArcheAge with its latest expansion: Erenor Eternal.
The latest expansion for ArcheAge, Erenor Eternal, is looking to add something for every type of player, whether you enjoy PvP or PvE. Of course, there’s also going to be new character progression in the form of an increased level cap to 55 and new ancestral skills. See below for the complete list of new features.
ArcheAge: Erenor Eternal features:
- New Zones: Several new zones have been added, including the oceanic Whaleswell Strait, the secluded Aegis Island, and the massive Whalesong Harbor, bringing with them new quests, leveling areas, and even a completely new housing province.
- New Open World Battlegrounds: Aegis Island and Whalesong Harbor are home to two new open world battlegrounds that will offer players a radically new gameplay experience. Possessing a unique PvE focus, players will hold off waves of enemies with not just their skills, but mines and heavy artillery as well.Upon completion of either tower, players will be rewarded with Honor and materials used to craft the new Erenor-tier equipment.
- New Tier and Improvements for Crafted Gear: The new Erenor tier of crafted gear allows players to continue advancing existing Divine grade Ayanad weapons, armor, and accessories. In addition, the equipment crafting flow has been simplified and RNG completely removed. Not only will all tiers of crafted items be upgradable as long they meet the grade requirements, but rather than “unsealing” crafted items to discover random results, players will instead “uncloak” them and select the variant they want.
- Regrade Changes: The regrade system has been reworked with most items now available to regrade toEternal, the new regrade rarity which further extends available gear advancement. New levels and socketed slots have been added for higher grade items, and a new regrade UI displays the chance of success. Regrades are also split into three levels of difficulty, potentially allowing an easier path to higheritem grades depending on the gear chosen:
- Easy: Dungeon and event gear
- Normal: Basic equipment and standard crafted items
- Hard: Obsidian and Raid level gear
- New Max Level Character Advancement: Level 55 players will be able to continue advancing their characters with up to 7 levels of the new Ancestral skillset, modifying certain core skills with special elemental effects to change their power or functionality.
- Trade Route Restructuring: The Trade Pack system has been revised to streamline ocean and overland routes, while trade outposts have been placed at iconic trade ports, inland cities, and abroad. As always, players must travel at their own risk with these goods as pirates prowl the high seas and bandits lurk around every corner.
The MMO community has historically been rather divided on ArcheAge, but the players who already enjoy should be excited for this upcoming expansion. In addition to the new content and character progression, removing the RNG from crafting should be well-received.
Source: Press Release