An announcement has been made by Zenimax today outlining not only what they have been doing the last month, battling bots and bugs, but also talking about what is coming in the next few months.
Update 1, the one with Craglorn has been on the public test shard for about a week now. Along with the first Adventure Zone it features a lot of bug fixes, adds 12 man trials, balances and tweaks classes, and puts in underdog bonuses for Cyrodiil.
Looking ahead to the rest of 2014 they have announced the following is being worked on:
- A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases
- A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught
- Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter.
- Field of View (FOV) adjustment
- Armor dyeing and tinting
- Two new Veteran Dungeons: Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash
- New region of Craglorn with a new Trial (the Serpent)
- Increased ability to pick up items in the world
- Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.
- Horse Racing
- Dragonstar Arena—similar to Trials, but built for a group of four
- Improvements to fishing
- Crafting system improvements
- Improved Looking for Group system
- Better NPC facial animations
- Guild functionality updates: guild store interface updates, customizable guild insignias, tabards, and guild ranks, and Guild Kiosks—guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.
- Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
- Awards when you repeat dungeons
- Imperial City PvP dungeon
In addition everyone who sets up an account before 8PM EDT today will receive 5 additional free days of subscription time to make up for the time that the servers had to be taken down for the major fixes that had an impact on gameplay. If you are eligible for the free time you will receive an email confirmation.