Frontier Developments has announced the second Beta for Elite: Dangerous will go live on September 30th. A space MMORPG that emphasizes freedom of choice and exciting combat. With the new beta also comes a bunch of new features and content. If you haven’t you can purchase your copy of the early access here.
some of the content planned for the beta includes various game optimizations such as new music and a brand new tutorial. There will be a new class of ship, a bunch of new systems and SLI cross fire support for ultra high definition if you have the hardware to support it. You can read a detailed list of all the new features below. Additionally, as a promotion for the 30th anniversary of the original Micro Elite, Frontier is offering free copies of the first game here. Be sure to get them while they last.
- Combat ratings from ‘Harmless’ all the way up to ‘Elite’.
- Reputations per system and galaxy-wide that influence attitudes and prices offered to you.
- Ability to discover and explore and scan new systems and sell the data on them.
- Detailed system maps.
- Around 500 additional star systems to explore.
- Lakon Asp Explorer ships added.
- Much greater variety of upgradable Life Support modules, Engines, Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo Racks for all ships.
- Ships are subject to gradual ‘wear and tear’.
- New weapons including mines and a new non-lethal missile-deployed cargo hatch disruptor for piracy.
- Outposts (small, exposed ‘roadside café’ stations in remote locations)
- Occelus starports, a version of which can move around for early civilization of new systems and space tourism.
- Visibility of other ships in supercruise, and track others through supercruise and hyperspace.
- Newsfeeds about events from the rest of the galaxy and player activity in your local system.
- All backers names (from the appropriate crowd-funding reward tiers) have been added to the NPC naming database.