The newest hero to enter the battle in Heroes of the Storm has been confirmed by Blizzard! Speculations among fans after Blizzard’s mysterious hints on Twitter were correct – the 50th hero to join the Nexus is Dehaka. In Heroes of the Storm Dehaka is a melee Warrior is able to sneak up on his enemies by burrowing and becomes stronger by collecting enemies’ essences.
Dehaka is a primal zerg pack leader from Zerus and is among the last of his kind. He lost his large right arm prior to the Swarm’s return to Zerus; it was later to be found in the same area where Sarah Kerrigan defeated the other primal pack leaders.
Dehaka perceived Kerrigan as the strongest zerg. He and his pack welcomed the new power by allying with the Swarm, believing Kerrigan would lead them to new essence, and remained with the Swarm.
- Brushstalker (Z): You cannot use Mounts. Instead, you may burrow to any bush or vent on the Battleground. 40 second cooldown
- Trait: Essence Collection (D): You collect 10 Essence per Hero Takedown, and 2 per enemy Minion killed nearby, storing up to a maximum of 50 Essence. Activate to consume all stored Essence and regenerate Health over the next 5 seconds for each stack consumed. Can be cast during Drag and Burrow.
- Drag (Q): Lash out with your tongue, dealing light damage to the first enemy hit, and dragging them with you for 1.75 seconds.
- Dark Swarm (W): Over the next three seconds, you gain the ability to move through units and deal damage in an area around yourself. Deals double damage to Heroes. Can be cast during Drag and Burrow.
- Burrow (E): Burrow into the ground, entering Stasis and becoming Invulnerable for 2 seconds.
- Heroic: Isolation (R): Launch biomass that deals damage, silences, and slows the first enemy Hero it hits by 30% for 3 seconds. For the next 6 seconds, the affected enemy loses sight of allied Heroes, and has greatly reduced vision.
- Heroic: Adaptation (R): After a 5 second delay, 60% of all damage taken during this time will be returned to you as Health.
Dehaka’s alternative skin doesn’t look too bad either!
We’ve always been fans of sneaky heroes around here so we simply can’t wait to see how Burrowing can be used to make things more… interesting. Sadly, no release date was announced, but if the past is any indication, we could be mere weeks away from this hero going live. It will be interesting to see if in Heroes of the Storm Dehaka will be as powerful as his original counterpart from StarCraft II. His skills definitely hint at at a solid tank, so we’re eagerly awaiting his launch in the Nexus.Blizzard Entertainment, Heroes of the Storm, News