If it’s been a while since you’ve visited the galaxy that’s far, far away then there’s no better time than now to give it another shot. Returning Star Wars: The Old Republic subscribers will receive a free trial of Knights of the Fall Empire Chapter 1 – “The Hunt.”
Of course, there are a few stipulations. In order to receive the free trial, players must have previously signed up for a Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription and their account must currently be marked inactive. Those who have already unlocked the Knights of the Fall Empire expansion, or who are banned, are not eligible.
- Create your new Level 60 character now and jump right in!
- Experience a return to BioWare-style storytelling.
- Confront a powerful new enemy, The Eternal Emperor.
- Make choices that matter and recruit Companions into your Alliance.
- Subscribe at any time to continue your saga – Knights of the Fallen Empire is free for Subscribers.
Additionally, players who re-subscribe, and stay subscribed until January 11, will receive an HK-55 Assassin Droid Companion. Stay subscribed from January 11 to August 1 and play as HK-55 in a special bonus mission. Furthermore, an active subscription will grant early access, and other bonuses, for new chapters.
This seems like a great deal for any Star Wars: The Old Republic fans who haven’t downloaded the newest expansion yet. It’s not uncommon for MMORPGs to hold promotions shortly after new content launches to try and draw in former subscribers.
Source: BiowareRelated: Bioware, Knight of the Fallen Empire, MMORPG, News, Star Wars, The Old Republic