It’s not the first time Jagex has announced a new MMORPG. Almost everyone probably remembers Stellar Dawn (MechScape), which was scrapped in 2010. Well, Jagex is at it again with a new untitled MMORPG. The details are sparse at this point, but according to a recent job listing on their official website they are looking for a lead programmer for the project. Jagex is one of the leaders in the industry and we are excited to see how this one pans out. Be sure to check back at MMOGames regularly, we will be following this one closely.
“This is the ultimate opportunity for an experienced lead or senior programmer with a solid background in MMO development to create something new and exciting, with the support of a company known globally for its expertise in this genre,”
From Jagex Job posting for Lead Programmer:
Related: Jagex, MMORPG, Runescape
Key Duties Include:
- Lead and grow a talented technical team to meet all established goals and requirements
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to establish a shared vision for compelling game features.
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements.
- Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving quality and team efficiency
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to track down and resolve reported issues.
- Game systems architecture
- Core gameplay prototyping and development
- Implementing game progression systems
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team