The eighth expansion for Cryptic Studios’ MMORPG Neverwinter is finally available on the Xbox one.
Starting on February 9, 2016, Xbox One players will be able to explore Neverwinter: Underdark for the first time. The new expansion features the Wizards of the Coast Rage of Demons storyline that allows players to join forces with classic Dungeons & Dragons characters, such as Drizzt Do’Urden, Regis and Bruenor Battlehammer.
“With the all-new 10-player encounter against Demogorgon, Xbox One players have yet another large scale experience to play in with their friends. On top of diverse new experiences for players, Neverwinter is now closer to Dungeons & Dragons than ever before,” said Rob Overmeyer, executive producer of Neverwinter. “Creating adventures featuring iconic D&D heroes like Drizzt and Bruenor is an awesome opportunity, and Underdark wouldn’t be what it is without the integration of R.A. Salvatore’s story-telling and characters. Looking at 2016, we’re excited to continue strengthening our ties to D&D as well as delivering MMO experiences players want.”
Neverwinter: Underdark Features:
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, “The Dwarven King”, written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
The Xbox One Neverwinter community has been anxiously awaiting the Underdark expansion since its launch of PC. Now we’ll just have to wait and see when The Maze Engine is set to release on consoles.
Source: Press ReleaseRelated: Cryptic Studios, F2P, MMORPG, Neverwinter, News, Perfect World Entertainment