Carbine, the developers of WildStar, have just released part two of their “State of the Game” announcement, A variety of topics were discussed. Fans of the game should be pleased. There is quite a bit of new content coming to WildStar in the near future.
WildStar is a big game, and it’s about to get bigger. With our next content update, you’ll be exploring the next two chapters of content, “Mystery of the Genesis Prime” and “Journey to OMNIcore-1”. “Mystery” introduces a new zone for level 50 players, The Defile. Battling against The Strain, you’ll finally discover the secrets of Drusera, The Entity, the Eldan and how they’re all related to Planet Nexus, secrets that you’ve been slowly uncovering from the start of WildStar. But don’t pat yourself on the back too soon, that mystery you’ve just solved opens up an even more epic story as Journey to OMNICore-1 introduces you into the galaxy-spanning Nexus Saga. We’ve added content for players of all stripes, from lore-filled immersive solo content, to fast and furious 5-player quests and massive 20-player public events.
Besides new content, The State of the Game letter also touched on additional new features coming to WildStar in the near future.
- With this new update, you can now skip the tutorial in case you’re rolling alts but don’t want to sit through stuff you’re already familiar with.
- We’re making edits to lower levels (6 – 14) like adding rental mount vendors for low level zones and adding more runecrafting stations and lesser runes to increase player power and decrease levelling time during the early hours.
- We’re also adjusting ELO matching, decreasing the amount of rating you and your party loses after being defeated.
- We’re updating the rune system by giving the ability to unlock and reroll slots, and making some tweaks to the randomness of drops.
- We’re reducing dye costs as well, meaning that players will get more opportunities to utilize the dye system and customize their character.
- More gold will be rewarded for activities at the lower levels, giving players more currency to play with, buying new housing items, gear and other fancy doodads.
- Housing will also be getting a great new feature, as now players will be able to not only remodel their home but also the music that plays on their housing plots.
Players can read the full state of the game letter on the official WildStar page. Be sure to check back to MMOgames regularly for new information on WildStar.Related: MMORPG, News, Sci-Fi, Wildstar