WildStar has received its fair share of critique since its release in the summer of 2014. Criticisms include a lack of new content and an endgame raid system that’s not very accessible to most of the player base. Carbine is attempting to remedy player concerns. In a recent news post on their official website, the developers talked in depth on what’s to come in the new year. It appears that a lot of interesting content is in the pipeline. No release date is known at this time, but we will sure to keep you updated as new information becomes available.
Over the past few months we’ve received a lot of feedback about WildStar. Much of it has focused on the fact that although many of our systems are unique, engaging and fun, many of them are inaccessible to certain groups of players. At Carbine, our philosophy has always been “play the way you want to play,” and therefore we have been working very hard to make sure players can experience and enjoy WildStar’s content – regardless of their level or playstyle preference
- Players will now have access to a low-level training dungeon called Protogames Academy, teaching them the team mechanics that will lead to greater success in group content.
- We’re releasing a brand new level-six Shiphand Mission called They Came From Fragment Zero! which takes place in the unexplored reaches of the Halon Ring!
- We have enhanced the LFG tool, which now includes access to all Shiphand Missions – allowing players to queue up whether they want to play solo or with a group.
- A new random queue bonus has been added to the group finder that will yield valuable currency and experience along with helping queue times.
- We made significant adjustments to the quest experience in our early zones, focusing on things like quest flow, objective counts, and group accessibility.
- We’ve improved the Dungeon Medal system, providing greater insight into how you are progressing through a dungeon’s objectives, and rewarding you every step of the way.
- We’ve added a new currency type called Glory which is earned by completing dungeons and raids. Glory can be exchanged for high-quality gear in the capital cities.
- A new dungeon, called Ultimate Protogames, which offers our max-level players exciting new challenges from the galaxy’s most infamous (and profit-minded!) corporation!
- We are adjusting the group size requirement for Datascape from 40 to 20 players, allowing more players to experience this awesome raid!