Information released in a livestream today revealed a new loyalty system for Funcom’s MMORPG The Secret World.
Starting in February 2016, major changes are happening to the loyalty system and membership benefits in The Secret World. Membership benefits will now provide persistent perks as long as players remain a member and additional monthly bonuses will be rewarded based on time. Currently, there are 360 days of loyalty rewards and more will be announced every 6 months.
Veteran Points will be phased out, but they will remain a separate currency that can still be spent in the Item Store. Additionally, players who purchased the game will receive the first 30 days of Membership rewards.
- A 30% increase to all Experience earned (this replaces the Time Accelerator).
- A 50% boost to all Black Bullions gained.
- 20% extra capacity for Black Bullions and Marks of the Pantheon.
- 8-hour Mission Cooldowns.
- 18-hour Raid Lockout Timers.
- 2 Lockout Timer Resets every 30 days. This item resets all active Cooldowns (Missions/Raids/Scenarios).
- A 10% storewide discount for everything in the item shop (20% for Grand Masters).
- 1200 Bonus Points every 30 days.
- Free Anima Leaps!
For players looking to stick with The Secret World for the long haul, Grand Master memberships are 25% off and will instantly grant all loyalty rewards.
- 30 Days: Anima effect on sprint and faction jackets.
- 60 Days: Hoverboard and Panoptic Core in faction colors.
- 90 Days: Ur-Draug pet and an additional Agartha Conduit.
- 180 Days: Portable bank and costume.
- 360 Days: Weapon skins and scooter mount.
The Secret World has really pulled out all the stops with its latest membership benefits. These definitely provide an incentive to subscribe, but don’t necessarily seem toxic enough to create a pay-to-win atmosphere.
Source: FuncomRelated: Funcom, MMORPG, News, The Secret World