The highly anticipated World of Warcraft Patch 6.1 will be heading to live servers on February 24th. Lots of new features and content will be implemented with the patch. Some of the major additions include Twitter integration, new blood elf models, an improved color blind mode, and an overhaul to the heirlooms system.
Some of the biggest additions planned for Patch 6.1 revolve around the Garrison System. Players will now have the opportunity to meet one of several “traveling” NPCs. Each day players can receive a quest to earn gear, crafting supplies, pets and even items that will allow you to spawn one of six new world bosses inside your garrison. Players can also complete quests in a friends Garrison to earn even more rewards.
For more information on the upcoming patch, Blizzard has posted the patch notes on their official website.
New Garrison Visitors
One of five new visitors may visit each day offering a quest to anyone that visits players with a Tier 3 Garrison.
- Defeat a dungeon boss: Awards a bag with a chance to contain a level 630, 645, or 655 item token.
- Defeat a raid boss (weekly quest): Awards a bag with a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token.
- Bounty (intended for 3 or more players): Defeat a named elite NPC for a bag containing Apexis Crystals, and a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token.
- Relic: Complete a series of quests to recover a relic for a bag containing Apexis Crystals, and a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token. Completing a relic mission unlocks it as a potential mission for your followers. Completing all 6 relic missions will unlock Harrison Jones as a follower!
- Profession: Turn-in tradeskill reagents for Primal Spirits and work order tradeskill reagents.
For the Pet Battlers out there, there’s a separate chance for an additional visitor offering unique Pet Battles with a chance to award a bag containing Pet Battle items and new Battle Pets.
Related: Blizzard Entertainment, MMORPG, Update, World of Warcraft