The third stage of the Elite: Dangerous Beta test has been released to players. The new update unlocks even more of Milky Way for exploration. Elite: Dangerous introducing long-awaited features including multiple ship ownership and mining. Some of the key features have been listed below.
- Player-driven interdiction. Players can now interdict NPC ships, pulling them out of faster-than-light travel back into normal space along with the player.
- Philanthropy missions added.
- Fuel scooping from stars added. Keep a close eye on your temperature gauge as you refuel from the blazing surface of stars.
- Asteroid mining added. Cut metal and rock from asteroids using the mining laser.
- New ships added: Imperial Clipper and Federal Dropship.
- Multiple ship ownership. Long requested by the community, players can keep multiple craft docked at starports, allowing for reserve ships dedicated to combat, exploration, trading and more.
- Play area expanded to over 2,400 systems and 869,000 cubic light years of playable space.
- Improved galaxy map, with partial name searching, range display and route finding.
- Asteroid belt clusters added.
- Nebulae added, visible in the sky and the galaxy map.
Elite: Dangerous’ Beta 3 is available to play now for $75. You can purchase access to the beta through Frontier’s online store. A discount for existing backers of the full game is applied on checkout.Related: Beta, Elite: Dangerous, MMORPG, Sci-Fi, Update