Ashes of Creation Events are going to sit at the heart of some of its most interesting features.
Exploring the Myriad Ashes of Creation Events
In case you were wondering, yes, Ashes of Creation is coming along nicely. It's been a little while since we covered its development. But as we await the next Alpha-1 release over summer, Intrepid have been titillating us with some juicy info on how Ashes of Creation Events are going to work.
Ashes of Creation events can be triggered, for example, by the levelling up of a node. Because watching a sleepy town magically transform into a sprawling city is bound to turn some NPC heads.
So far, the system sounds somewhat reminiscent of FFXIV's Fates, with Events occurring in real-time depending on a variety of external factors whilst players have the opportunity to opt in or out similar to a quest.
So in a recently released news post, Intrepid delved into what types of events players can expect. These are as follows:
- Calendar Events : You thought you could escape the inevitable Valentines Day festivities? Think again. These will be server-wide events with unique content for a specific duration. By now, you know the drill.
- Node Attacks : A self-explanatory event that will see players defending their precious node against an AI assailant.
- Monster Coin Events : An interesting event that will see Monster Coin holders being able to turn into monsters and proceed to wreak havoc. Because why not, we guess?
- Pop-Up Events : Small-scale occurrences around Verra that are the most similar to Fates, keeping players on their toes as they meander from A to B.
- POI Events : Lore-focussed events that flesh out the world around the players and level up with node progression.
- Narrative Events : The storytelling events that will demonstrate the impact of each player's decisions as they shape the shared world of Verra.
- PvP Objectives : Events that will pit the people of Verra against one another through skirmishes and sieges, with PvP objectives heavily influencing the tide of battle.
According to Intrepid, Events are the most tangible way that players will witness their actions shaping the world around them. And their random nature will go a long way to making AoC feel like a living, breathing world.