Meanwhile, are EVE Online Quadrants gone forever?
Roadmap: After Four Years, EVE Fanfest Will Return in Style
For the first time in a whopping four years, the EVE Fanfest will return in 2022. The Reykjavik-based festival will bring together EVE fans and devs in an event replete with tournaments, presentations, parties and more in a space that is sure to erupt with four years worth of pent-up EVE energy. And there’s still plenty of in-game content to come in the intervening months.
The Road to EVE Fanfest
Fanfest will take place from 6th - 8th May, meaning there's still plenty of time for some major EVE developments until then. Luckily, the 2022 roadmap is crammed full of content, including updates, balance changes, and new-player focussed features and events. These include the following:
- A New Player Experience Mystery Mining Update - the first hour of EVE will send new players on an eventful mining expedition.
- Numerous quality of life changes around player owned custom offices (POCO) warfare.
- A follow-up to last year's graphical overhaul will see significant improvements to reflections.
- The Guardians Gala, Friendship Week, and The Hunt will all be returning for 2022.
- Major changes to compression following player feedback.
- A new Battleship bonus will increase armour plate effectiveness by 50% and shield extenders by 100%, among other buffs.
- The Concord Rogue Analyses Beacon (CRAB) blueprint will have a reduced LP cost whilst the amount of Rogue Drone infestation data per run will increase.
- An update to Surgical Strike will attempt to balance combat for all styles of play.
- A new jump portal generator module will enable Rorqual pilots to conduit jump mining ships near them.
- Significant structure updates to arrive in April.
But one of the most noticeable changes for 2022 is the scrapping of Quadrants. After two years, CCP has resolved to adopt a longer overarching narrative, whilst keeping up the pace of releases and fresh content.
For a full rundown of all of the events in the leadup to EVE Fanfest, check out the 2022 roadmap. And to get hyped for the festival itself, check out the official page. For all your Fanfest coverage, stay tuned to MMO Games, because we'll be covering it on the ground!
MMOGames.com is committed to bringing you all the freshest, funniest, and most insightful MMO news. If you enjoyed this content, why not share it with your community? And make sure that you never miss our updates and exclusive giveaways by following and favouriting us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.