The EverQuest II roadmap has been published, and there's still plenty of content en route.
Diving into the EverQuest II Roadmap for 2022
It's heartening to see that MMORPG OG EverQuest II is showing no signs of slowing down. 2022 will see heaps of new content being added including the first major update for the year, 'Coffers and Coffins'. Plus, work has begun on the 19th expansion for the title. Not bad for an old timer.
The latest producer's letter from Darkpaw Head of Studio, Jennifer Chan, detailed the latest Everquest II roadmap. And there's plenty to look forward to. Here's what's in store over the coming months:
- Update 119 - Coffers and Coffins will be live on 12th April, featuring content for all play styles. Expect new heroic dungeons, collections, raids and tradeskill content as well as season four of Overseer changes to the Overseer minigame.
- Stat/Number Wrappers - An alteration to combat numbers will see them visually abbreviated, with commas or periods added into damage logs.
- New Time Locked Expansion Server - Varsoon. A similar TLE server to Kaladim, but now with the added Free Trade ruleset.
- Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky Celebration and Oceansfull Festival Updates will see the addition of new heroic dungeon content and rewards.
- New Patches of Pride Items - Three new LGBTQIA+ patchwork familiars are arriving in time for Pride month. These can be added from 3rd June, allowing players to celebrate Pride in style with their colourful new familiars.
Plus, beta testing for the 64-bit conversion is currently underway. To help its progression, players can access these tests via the beta server from now and throughout the open beta for Coffers and Coffins. Information on the 64-bit migration can be found here.
Work on the 19th expansion has begun in earnest. So far, a storyline has been formed, environments have been mapped out and characters are being fleshed out. As for when we'll see further details - that remains to be seen. But be sure to keep an eye on the official website to stay in-the-know.