It's official: Mythic Sepulcher of the First Ones is too difficult.
WoW Wednesday: Mythic Sepulcher of the First Ones is Being Nerfed Today
All those who have ever come across a boss that they just couldn't overcome only to decide that it was an objectively impossible task may find themselves vindicated today as Blizzard has officially agreed: Mythic Sepulcher of the First Ones is too damn difficult. Maybe it's time for Asmongold to give it another shot?
In a blog post on Saturday, WoW community manager Kaivax announced that Blizzard will be rolling out some 'raid tuning' today. This is after significant feedback (read: rage posts) from players suggesting that Shadowlands' final raid has been far too punishing, with several of its many bosses being at fault.
To be fair, they might be right. There have reportedly been only 264 guilds worldwide that have managed to tackle the Mythic Sepulcher of the First Ones, and that's after over three months of it being available. Though we do wonder if those 264 guilds should receive some kind of award to commemorate their pre-nerf victory.
Either way, players who wish to give the raid another shot can expect the following changes on Mythic difficulty:
- 15% less health
- Resonance Cascade damage reduced by 90%
- Increased cooldown on Guardian Automata's Form Sentry Automata
- Aftershock damage reduced by 75%
- Planet Cracker Beam damage reduced by 65%
- Anduin Wrynn
- Hopelessness and Overconfidence duration increased from 12 to 16 seconds (all difficulties)
- Blasphemy no longer triggered when in contact with an unmarked player
- March of the Damned damage reduced by 75% (all difficulties)
- Soul Explosion damage and travel speed reduced by 30% (all difficulties)
- Banish Soul cast time increased from 12 to 16 seconds
- Necrotic Detonation cast time increased by 30%
- Dark Eclipse targets three instead of four players
- Unstable Matter health reduced by 25%
- The Jailer
- Melee damage reduced by 25% (all difficulties)
- Torment damage reduced by 30% (all difficulties)
- Unholy Eruption damage reduced by 30% (all difficulties)
- Rune of Compulsion absorb reduced by 30%
- Chain Breaker targets three instead of four allies
- Incarnation of Torment health reduced by 20%
- Diverted Life Shield reduced by 75%
- Chains of Anguish will no longer reposition linked targets when the primary target moves out of range
With today's nerf comes the opportunity for some sweet, sweet revenge. So good luck, raiders.