Well, we’ve done it everyone. Whether you are still writing or not, each and every participant has collectively made it to this point. There are effectively zero weeks left in the month of Blaugust and only three days left to write. Even if some of us have slowed down, many of you continue to write great posts that are worth highlighting.
Last week, I tried a slightly different method for organization. While away from my computer, I saved a few articles to highlight here on the Bonanza inside my Feedly app. Afterward, I promptly forgot to retrieve. As penance for my failures as a writer, I’d like to highlight the three posts that I forgot to mention last week:
- Blessing of Kings discusses the existence of player-run banks in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Ravalation talks about her experiences playing Guild Wars 2 without a guild.
- LFGryph has something to say about MMOs, and how little we know about who is playing our favorite games or why they are playing.
EverQuest II’s Prison Server
As a follow-up or continuation of last week’s news that Daybreak wants to make a server specifically for those it deems unfit to stay play their game, several more bloggers expressed their opinions on the matter.
- Inventory Full, an EverQuest II expert by most accounts, has a few thoughts about Daybreak’s Prison Server experiment.
- Psyche Plays worries about the motivation behind creating Drunder.
- The Ancient Gaming Noob also covered EverQuest II’s prison server, and even mentions a few more blog posts on the matter.
- If Prison Server talk isn’t what you are looking for, Me vs Myself and I’s EQII adventures continued into Shades of Drinal.
As WildStar’s big switch looms, it continues to be a real treat to see bloggers returning to the game. WildStar has always been a photogenic MMO, and, in the right hands, that continues to be the case.
- Sparks in the Horizon shows off WildStar’s character customization with her great eye for screenshots.
- MMO Gypsy has a video tour of a very stylish WildStar home.
- Inventory Full has found a home on Nexus, as well.
- Gamer Girl Confessions talks about the Living Legend status and how a grace period needs to happens.
- Party Business debates about making WildStar his one-and-only MMO.
Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 is the perfect evergreen game for many of its biggest supporters. As news about its expansion continues to trickle out or attract fans back, posts about the game have gotten even better. Plus, the game’s three year anniversary is today!
- Why I Game is a perpetual source of quality GW2 writing. Recently, many of the posts there have featured various Asuras. As I am biased toward Asura, I advise you check them out through Why I Game’s Asura tag.
- Starshadow decided to join a group of thieves in leveling through GW2.
- Aywren Sojourner talks about some of the birthday goodies for GW2’s third anniversary.
- Why I Game goes even further in depth about the anniversary goodies.
- Light Falls Gracefully jumped back into Guild Wars 2 to gain some wings.
The Secret World
I’ve still yet to give The Secret World my full consideration, but many bloggers who have swear by the game. Their loyalty to it shows whenever they write about it.
- LFGyph’s continuing coverage of TSW decided to detour to an in-game dance party.
- LFGyph also believes that TSW does Dailies right.
- Through Wolfy’s Eyes has a different reason to praise The Secret World.
- Bio Break is excited over news of The Park, a single player alternative to The Secret World.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The new SWTOR expansion may be the best yet, or it may not, but everyone agrees that some big shake-ups may revitalize the game for old veterans and newbies alike.
- Tyrannodorkus talks about going story mode only with the recent experience bonus.
- The Balance Force has some not pleasant feelings about a recent Bioware information “dump”.
- Pixelkaffe continues an excellent series of reviews for SWTOR’s many classes with the Smuggler.
- For a different take on the same news drop, I Have Touched the Sky has an in depth look too.
- Finally, Through Wolfy’s Eyes has a post that talks about Star Wars: The Old Republic and then segues into all theme park MMOs and the lack of quality in their questing.
Final Fantasy XIV
Patch 3.1 seems to be the big news item right now. As it increases in size/scope, so does the anticipation for its release.
- Goobbue Crossing has an excellent post on FFXIV’s Alexander content.
- Goobbue Crossing also has your back for all things Patch 3.1.
- If that’s too much Goobbue or too little 3.1 coverage, Sacyte’s Digital Adventures has you covered too.
- For still more 3.1 opinion, Through Wolfy’s Eyes offers yet another worthwhile take.
- Aywren of Clean Casuals continues her adventures in FFXIV.
- This can only be good. Noted World of the Warcraft blog, Aspect of the Hare, has decided to dip toes into Eorzea’s waters.
Other MMO Discussion
Blaugust has given us a wide variety of topics to write about, and many bloggers have continued to take advantage of that or go their own way.
- The Iron Dagger has his own MMO regrets to share, including the ever-relatable and still quite crushing not taking more screenshots earlier on in our MMO careers.
- If you are looking for articles on Wizards101, look no further than Blaugust participant, Stars of the Spiral.
- Still in Early Access, Nerdy Bookahs has a preview up for The Repopulation.
- My Epic Fail has constructed a list of requirements for her dream MMO. I agree with most of them.
- Why I Game has an excellent post on setting gaming priorities that also bridges some gaps between several other blog posts.
- EverQuest II’s Time-Locked server may not be locked enough for the rate The Ancient Gaming Noob is going.
- A new edition of The Iron Dagger’s LOTRO-covering series, Lost Trails of LOTRO is up (follow links there to past editions).
- Speaking of LOTRO, FlamingBard has a post about a returning home to her server.
- Party Business also spent time in LOTRO, as an explorer.
- The Driveling Dwarf has a World of Warcraft-related crusade that I think all meat-lovers can get behind.
- Nerdy Bookahs has an informative post filled with answers to questions about Trove.
- Still interested in Trove? Lair of the Wolf Dragon shares recent duoing adventures in the game.
- For more Lair of the Wolf Dragon, check this excellent post on attachment to World of Warcraft characters.
- If you are interested in Project: Gorgon, Ald Shot First has some thoughts on a first time excursion into the game.
- Blue Kae spends some time returning to familiar heroes in Champions Online.
It can be hard to divide the line between following a MMO or following other games, especially when so many MMOs splinter into mobile titles or non-MMOs have fans even more rabid than the most passionate MMO player bases.
- Thalen Speaks discussed a recent excursion as a Final Fantasy secretary in Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. No, that’s a joke: I did read the post!
- Sagacyte’s Digital Adventures took a stab at another Final Fantasy mobile game: the new Final Fantasy Portal app featuring Triple Triad.
- On a final Final Fantasy mobile note, Aywren Sojourner also had a chance to spend some time playing Triple Triad.
- Healing the Masses couldn’t weather the storm any longer: she’s enjoying Heroes of the Storm.
- Are you a fan of Don’t Starved? So is Soultamer Gaming, and she has the wig to prove it.
- Me vs Myself and I shares his views on the League of Legend’s NALCS.
- The Driveling Dwarf gambles on some Hearthstone card packs for the new Grand Tournament expansion.
- For a different Hearthstone post, Beyond Tannhauser Gate ventures into the game for the first time.
It’s always a pleasure highlighting games for their beauty. Several bloggers focused on screenshots or added spectacular media to some of their posts.
- Alpha Signal Five starts our screenshot tour of gaming off with scenic views from several popular and beautiful games.
- Sparks in the Horizon has amassed a stunning gallery of WildStar shots during some recent excursions.
- Also in WildStar, Moonshine Mansion has come more great shots of the game.
- Everyone loves dragons, especially Starshadow who shared some really cool shots of some.
- Gamer Girl Confessions has a stunning shot of crystals and crabs on my home FFXIV server of Cactuar.
- Psyche Plays has another shot of her very attractive character in FFXIV.
- StarShadow shows off some tantalizing screens from a dungeon in The Elder Scrolls Online