It seems that Intrepid Studios has once again expanded its ranks with developers who have experience working with other major studios in the industry. The independent developer behind upcoming MMORPG Ashes of Creation now has more than 100 people working on the game.
Ashes of Creation made waves last year with its controversial crowdfunding strategies and ‘Make MMOs great again” slogan. The company behind the game has received a mix of funding between founder Steven Sharif, crowdfunding, and other outside investors. Some of the main concept selling points include dynamic world events, large-scale PvP sieges, and no pay-to-win mechanics.
The new additions to the team include:
- Michael Roca – Senior Gameplay Programmer (Formerly of Disney, Daybreak, SOE, and EA)
- Grat Crabtree – Senior Software Engineer (Formerly of Daybreak and SOE)
- Devin Lafontaine – Senior Artist (Formerly Daybreak, SOE, Sigil Games)
- Tad Ehrlich – Senior Artist (Formerly, Daybreak, SOE, Midway Games)
- Garrett Fern – Senior Game Designer (Formerly Daybreak and SOE)
- Zin Chiang – Senior Producer (Formerly Travian Games and Publishing)
- Midori Bond – Executive Assistant (Formerly Senior GM and Customer Service at SOE)
“In the last year, we have grown incredibly fast and have been fortunate to bring aboard some very talented MMO veterans.” said Creative Director and Founder, Steven Sharif. “It’s pretty exciting to watch your dreams become a reality, and at the end of the day, creating an MMORPG that players can be proud of.”
According to Intrepid Studios, Ashes of Creation is still expected to begin Alpha Phase 1 testing during the 4th quarter of 2018.
Like many Kickstarter games, Ashes of Creation made a lot of noise at first and has been relatively silent ever since. Hopefully, this means that the team is spending more time on developing assets instead of looking for ways to get funding.
Source: Press Release