With more than 400,000 active subscriptions, it’s no secret the CCP’s Eve Online is one of the most successful, and incredible, MMORPGs available today. For those of you that aren’t already playing, CCP periodically release free expansion content for EVE every 6 months.
This year has already seen the release of Inferno, which among other things, introduced a new factional warfare system, cleaned up the UI and added a bunch of new models for existing ships. Now, with Retribution just around the corner (scheduled for release early December), it’s time to look closer at what’s in store. Here’s a list of the key features:
- Open up the possibility of a new “profession” in bounty hunting allowing players to hold their enemies responsible for their actions
- Simplify the interstellar law and punishment system known as Crimewatch
- Rebalance all Tech I frigates, cruisers and destroyers in a massive effort that should refresh gameplay at all levels
- Add a fresh and dynamic soundtrack with all new sound effects
- Bring four new destroyers, a mining frigate and salvage drones into the players hands,
- Overhaul combat UI and NPC AI, making them respectively more intuitive and more interesting
- And a whole lot more
Head on over to the official Eve Online: Retribution Website for a full list of the upcoming changes, alongside plenty of awesome images; and don’t forget to head on over to our Eve Online Game Page for all the latest news, reviews, videos, articles and guides.