For 11 million players worldwide, the world of Wraeclast changes forever
Path of Exile: The Awakening launches today at 12pm PDT. The biggest update to the massively successful action MMORPG, The Awakening has been internally dubbed “Path of Exile Version 2.0.0.”
What you can expect from Path of Exile: The Awakening:
- Act IV Is Here! Act IV continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Shavronne, Doedre, Malachai and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 110 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment, the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: Extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
This expansion changes Path of Exile at a very deep level, as you can see, and with all of the new items, monsters, maps, skills, and quality of life improvements coming to the game, there are plenty of reasons to hop in game and see for yourself.
Source: Press releaseRelated: Action, Expansion, F2P, Launch, MMORPG, News, Path of Exile