Jagex officially introduced a new game mode to RuneScape today. Players can now partake in raids and travel to Mazcab.
Raids in Runescape
Jagex Games Studio introduced a raid mode for RuneScape today. The feature, long demanded by the RuneScape community, will see bands of high-level heroes (up to 10 per group) travel to Mazcab, and help its inhabitants battle minions of Tuska, the ‘World Devourer’ god who was defeated in the recent summer world event. Tuska’s presence shook the game’s main world of Gielinor. An exciting collection of exclusive rewards will be available to players taking part in the raids, including new armour and combat abilities.
Mazcab, a brand new world in the RuneScape universe, can be accessed through a portal found on top of Tuska’s carcass. It features additional content alongside the raids and combat encounters with high-level bosses. Visitors will also have the chance to take part in a player vs. player mini-game, explore a procedurally-generated forest that includes further rewards, and complete mini-quests for the planet’s native inhabitants, the goebies.
The new content will include the following:
- Co-operative combat – High-level player vs. monster content for groups of up to 10 players
- New world – Explore the world of Mazcab, filled with lore fragments, mini-quests and more
- Bountiful rewards – Level 90 tank armour, five new tradable abilities, three new titles and three new pets
- Exclusivity – Mazcab Raids are members-only
- Raid feats – Battle to complete the toughest challenges and secure the new ‘Daredevil’ title
“We are truly excited to finally bring raids to RuneScape,” said David Osborne, lead designer, RuneScape. “Their introduction brings added depth to the current ‘endgame’ for high-level players, offering up the toughest boss in the game, as well as a raft of great content including mini-quests, exclusive rewards and stacks of other content for our players to engage with.”
Source: Press ReleaseRelated: Jagex, MMO, MMORPG, News, Raids, Runescape, Update