Generally speaking, items in World of Warcraft haven’t been mysterious for a very long time. However, it turns out that Blizzard is looking to keep some hidden effects regarding artifacts a secret until the expansion goes live.
There is currently tons of data available for World of Warcraft: Legion, but certain spells are still a mystery. When asked about the hidden effects on artifacts, Blizzard made this official reply “When dealing with things as powerful as some of the artifacts players will be acquiring in Legion, sometimes mysterious things happen.”
List of currently uncovered effects:
- Feral Spirit, Balance Druid: Ancient and powerful magic has affected this creature. Only a powerful Druid wielding the Scythe of Elune can dispel the effect.
- Hunter’s Rush, Feral Druid: The Fangs of Ashamane have fed on the blood of beasts, providing a 3% movement speed increase. The rush will end upon entering combat.
- Call to the Eagles, Hunter: When you are below 40% health, a massive eagle comes to your aid for 10 sec. This can only occur once every 3 min.
- Windrunning, MM Hunter: Thas’dorah creates an aura of fast moving wind around its owner, gradually increasing movement speed of any party members within 8 yards.
- Overcharge, Arcane Mage: Aluneth has recently absorbed power from a nearby source of magical energy. Arcane damage increased by 2% within the Broken Isles.
- Lightning Burst, Windwalker Monk: The gust of wind from your landing hits nearby enemies and knocks them back.
- Might of the Silver Hand, Holy Paladin: The Light empowers you, increasing your damage to Undead by 100%.
- Overloaded with Light, Discipline Priest: Light’s Wrath is getting hot. Your next Light’s Wrath will do massive damage.
- Gaze of the Val’kyr, Fury Warrior: Odyn has granted you a second chance to defeat that which has bested you in combat. Do this within 8 sec and Odyn will grant you your life and restore 50% of your health.
Furthermore, there are lots of cosmetic effects, such as revealing hidden creatures, and certain NPCs will react to different artifacts.
It’s great to leave some aspects of World of Warcraft: Legion to be discovered until the game goes live. Already knowing everything about content that hasn’t even been released yet can potentially kill the hype.
Source: WowheadRelated: Blizzard Entertainment, Legion, MMORPG, News, World of Warcraft