World of Warcraft 6.2: Fury of Hellfire has finally launched, featuring a new zone, a new Garrison feature, and a new raid.
WoW 6.2 Fury of Hellfire
At first glance, WoW 6.2: Fury of Hellfire feels less like a patch and more like a minor expansion. The patch notes page on battle.net is so long, it needs a Table of Contents. Sifting through the page is daunting. Here are the highlights:
New Zone: The Invasion of the Tanaan Jungle
Heroes can now return to the Tanaan Jungle and reopen the portal to Azeroth. The new series of chapter-based quests will pit players against an ultimate test of skill and mettle.
- Heroes of the Horde and the Alliance, return to Tanaan Jungle and stop Gul’dan’s plan to drag the whole of Draenor into chaos while plotting to reopen the portal for a massive invasion of Azeroth. Embark on a new series of chapter-based quests putting everything you’ve learned on Draenor to the test.
- One does not merely stroll into Tanaan Jungle. You’ll progress through a series of quests in which you’ll be asked to build a Shipyard and begin an assault on Tanaan by sea, culminating in the creation of a new forward base of operations. From this new outpost, you’ll go on the offense and launch assaults to undermine Gul’dan’s plan to drag all of Draenor into chaos.
- Tanaan Jungle has open-world questing with rare creatures and hidden treasures scattered throughout the zone.
New Garrison Feature: Shipyard and Naval Missions
Patch 6.2 introduces a completely new theater of war: naval missions. Players fight to control the red seas of Draenor and defeat the Iron Horde. Starting at level 3, players can create Shipyards and command armadas to topple enemies.
- Take command of your forces in a whole new theater of war, fighting to control the red seas of Draenor and push back the twisted remnants of the Iron Horde.
- Characters with a level 3 garrison can now construct a Shipyard to take the fight to the seas. Report to your Garrison and accept the “War Council” quest.
- Command an armada and dispatch your ships on new Naval Missions.
- Build destroyers, submarines, carriers, battleships, and transports at your Shipyard.
- Upgrade the Shipyard to increase your maximum fleet size.
- Naval Missions require Oil, a new resource. Oil can be found from various sources but scouts report that the Iron Horde has stockpiles of it around Tanaan.
- The seas around Draenor are treacherous. Ships that fail a Naval Mission have a chance to be sunk, lost forever at sea.
Hellfire Citadel Raid
On top of that, Blizzard has introduced a new raid: the Hellfire Citadel. Players must fight and defeat Gul’dan to end his onslaught on Azeroth.
- Assault the Hellfire Citadel, mighty fortress of the Iron Horde, torn asunder by fel energies unleashed by Gul’dan, and put a stop on his plans to launch a new invasion on Azeroth!
- Hellfire Citadel stands at the heart of Tanaan Jungle, where 13 deadly bosses await you, including Kilrogg Deadeye, the monstrous Gorefiend, a reanimated Mannoroth, and Archimonde himself.
- Players can earn items ranging in power from item level 675-685 in Raid Finder up to item level 735 in Mythic difficulty.
For more news, visit the official dev blog page here.
Source: battle.netRelated: Blizzard Entertainment, MMO, MMORPG, Patch, Patch 6.2, Patch News, Update, World of Warcraft